Media inquiries should be sent to email@example.com for the quickest response time.
Press coverage of Fans4Writers will be linked here as it happens. Please email us if we miss anything.
- Strike Watch: '30 Rock' on stage, 'Daily Show' on the picket lines (Chicago Tribune's The Watch, 15 Nov 2007)
- On Picket Lines, Websites, Fans Supporting Walkout (Hartford Courant, 14 Nov 2007)
- Working the virtual picket lines (LA Times' Show Tracker, 13 Nov 2007)
- Nationwide TV fans supply WGA strikers with local support, pizza (Variety's Scribe Vibe, 11 Nov 2007)
- You Can Support The Writers, Too (SyFy Portal, 09 Nov 2007)
- Feb. 2, 2008: WGA FAN GROUPS UNITE TO SPREAD STRIKE INFO
- Dec. 31, 2007: FANS TO WRITE THEIR SUPPORT ACROSS THE SKY
- Dec. 5, 2007: MUTANT FANS DESCEND ON FOX
- Nov. 9, 2007: FANS STAND BEHIND WRITERS IN LABOR DISPUTE
for the New Year, from Bradley Thompson, Writer, "Battlestar Galactica," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"
Huge props to the pizza people. Your support during this strike means
more than I can express.
- Joss Whedon
Pizza! Thank you, my people! You're making this bad sitch a lot more comfortable.
- Jane Espenson, Co-Executive Producer, "Battlestar Galactica"
Thanks so much for the pizzas. It was such a touching gesture and they
were hungrily gobbled up. Really cool, people.
- Lori Kirkland Baker, Co-Executive Producer, "Desperate Housewives"
Thanks for your awesome support! Saw some of your signs at Fox today, and went to the website to see what it was all about. You guys rock!
- Adam Pava, Writer, "Out of Jimmy's Head", Comedy Network
Seeing you guys with your pizzas and your poster... It was very touching,
and it reminded me why exactly I got into such an insane line of work: it's
really an amazing thing to try to make great things for great people.
- Scott M. Gimple, Writer, "Drive"
Thank you for the support.
- Steve Niles, Screenwriter, "30 Days of Night"
Thank so much for this site. It truly warms my heart to see this kind
of outreach for our cause. ... To know the fans not only understand why
but are walking side by side with us during this strike actually helps us
get through another day. Our shows would not survive without you. I cannot
thank you enough.
- Katherine Fugate, Creater and Executive Producer, "Army Wives" and Writer, "Xena: Warrior Princess"
Thanks so much for your support. It means a lot to have the fans on our
side. I'm a feature writer, with a deal at Disney, but you probably haven't
seen anything I've written. I'm part of that big middle section of working
writers who aren't rich and famous, who depend on the protections of the
WGA to keep me out of the poorhouse.
- Steve Barr, Writer, Disney
I'm an assistant/aspiring writer out here in [Los Angeles]. [Thanks] for
the churros and that awesome sign. [Ed. note: the churros were from CAA]
I can't tell you how much this sort of thing is appreciated by all of us
on the front lines. Picketing is a surprisingly exhausting endeavor. I don't
think anyone was fully prepared, so things like pizza showing up and a table
of churros is an incredible boost to morale.
- Angelina Burnett, Assistant, "New Amsterdam"
Wow! Thank you Fans4Writers.com, for jumping so quickly into action, for
your support of our cause, and most of all for your passion for great film
and television. I am moved beyond words by your appreciation of what we
create and I am amazed by the resourcefulness of your legion of globe-spanning
contributors. It is support like yours that warms our hearts and steels
our resolve. With your help we will persevere. Thank you!
- Eric Manes, Writer and/or Producer of "Campfire Tales," "Fear," "3000 Miles To Graceland," "Voices of Iraq," and lots of other stuff that has yet to see the light of day.
Thank God for you people, you really and truly rock. ... [Y]ou are our
key ally against a terrifying foe.
- Rob Kutner, Writer, "The Daily Show"
Thank you so much for this, it's brilliant. I love the internet...
We're all supporting the strike here in the UK, but I know that the
food deliveries make a big difference, partly for solidarity, partly
because, hey, everyone likes pizza presents... And whatever happens,
you all rock the hardest for starting the site and the movement... I'm
still amazed at the utter coolness of what you're all doing.
- James Moran, Writer, "Severance," "Doctor Who," "Torchwood"
I just want to thank you all for the tremendous support you're giving all of us. Not to mention the food and coffee on the line and the pencils and the site...
So say we all.
- Bradley Thompson, Writer, "Battlestar Galactica," "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine"
I will be donating, but most of all I want to say great job and thank you for letting me be a part of this.
Thank you so much for this site! Finally, I feel like there's a place that lets me know what I can do!
Way to go! Your site is awesome and I am SO glad I'm not the only tv viewer out there who wants to support the writers.
I am sure we can shorten the length of this strike (20 years ago it stretched on for 5 long months, but the writers won) and bring it to a successful conclusion!
I totally support the writers, especially Joss and everyone who's worked with or for him!
I sent a postcard to one of the advertisers today and will donate for the next pizza delivery.
This is a great idea guys. ... Keep up the good work!
This is great! ... I will be happy to donate to the cause. Living in cental Illinois, I am miles and miles away from the picketlines. Thanks for bringing on a fanbased initiative!
Your work is crucial, keep it up we need you more than ever!
"Politics is the entertainment branch of industry." - Frank Zappa
- J.F. William
You all are so shiny for putting this stuff together in such a short period of time. And go writers!!
You dudes ROCK! (Thanks for my new profile pic, b!x, I grabbed it from the link on Whedonesque.) :-D
Thanks for the great way of showing support. There wouldn't be so much rubbish made in Hollywood if they valued their writers as they should, and fair pay is an essential place to start.
I am totally supporting the strike... so no writing these days... it is nice to come by your page and see all the others supporting us as well!
Tally up one more fan of the Writers supporting the WGA strike. If I were
in LA or NY, I'd be in the picket lines/delivering food. I can help vicariously
thanks to the site, can't begin to express how UNhelpless that makes me
Fans4Writers is unaffiliated with the WGA, except in spirit.
This website has been viewed times.